Monday 27 July 2015

Rudai 23 - Thing 6 Reflection

Having reflected back over the last few blog posts for Rudai23, it has been a great tool for me as I prepare for job interviews.
Many of the questions I get asked is why did you not stay in hospitality, why move from a Sociology degree into a Masters in Librarianship? And it is difficult to answer these questions without sounding (a) corny (I love books) (b) it just happened??
None of the above are any good when going for a job, to be able sit down and deeply understand how I came to be on this path is a good lesson in life.
In doing that I have begun documenting all my achievements since the MLIS, and wondering where I want to go in this new chapter of life.
The act of writing all this down has given me the boost I needed, and I will succeed in securing employment, the right job has to come my way first.
It is great to read all the other blog posts, and each one is gives me the courage and strength to keep going and strive for excellence.
Everyone is different in the way they write and learn and it is inspiring to see how people keep going and push themselves out of their comfort zone and tell the library world what they do & how they do it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Siobhan. Great blog post. I feel very similar to you. Rather reluctantly I set up my blog at the start of my grad traineeship (because they asked me to) and I'm so glad I did. It's so good to be able to reflect on what I've done and have a record of it. I would forget otherwise and when it comes to an interview the examples of professional development come in very handy like you said. It's pays off to blog :) Best of luck with your interviews. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, thanks for that it was lovely, and yes blogging is a super great way to reflect, we are so busy nowadays that we all forget the wonderful pieces we learn everyday! I commute by train everyday so it is good to reflect and it is a great way to start and end your day!

    ReplyDelete