Tuesday 7 July 2015

Rudai23 - Thing 1 Blogging

This wonderful CPD course for information professionals began today. Here I shall outline a few points from the blog post and my experience with blogging to date.

The opening line of this blog post is perfect, always I begin a post with a hundred ideas, and every time I am met with a blank page. Nine times out of ten I enter the title and look at my notes only to find myself an hour later doing something totally different, like tweeting!

I have blogged since 2012, only a few years compared to others in our field who lead the way. My favorites are Michael Stephen's from Tame the web, Tracy Z. Maleeff, from Library Sherpa and of course our very own Libfocus .

So in order to stop myself from abandoning blog posts because I am stuck with the blank page I look to these wonderful inspirational library folk to help me out.

I use WordPress and have for this course set up a Blogger Blog simply because I haven't used the site before now and it good to check out other platforms.
I personally like WP and I agree with Wayne, it is more professional, even the free one.
My opinion really, is that I would never pay for a blog, if I am going to become rich and famous only then will I need to create something that is worth a few pound, but it doesn't look like I am going to be Taylor Swift any day soon!

Talking about Taylor Swift, Tumblr is the only reason I use it to follow her blog! It is good to follow the many librarians out there but personally it is my least favorite, again this being because I have not engaged with it in a professional manner.

I do hope you all have fun and I am looking forward to all of us exchanging ideas over the next coming weeks.

Chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment