Monday 9 November 2015

Rudai 23 - Thing 11 Reflection

Writing about how I managed my time on this course! I am so good at managing my time!
(I will complete the course I promise!) 

So as we all know life gets in the way! I was doing really well and then I lost 3 weeks and for some bizarre reason I skipped some modules and thought nope I won't notice, it will be fine. 

With less than 3 weeks left to go to completion date, I am now filling in the holes, hello Thing 11!!

I do have the best intentions when planning my day and week, and it takes alot of practice to get time management skills to work, I don't think we can ever be perfect at least I don't strive to be.

I do aim to do what I have planned and if it is turning out to be a productive week I will keep the momentum going but I sometimes get to Wednesday and think OH I will do ALLLLL of that tomorrow!!!!

It is harder when the winter months creep in. All you want is to get home, get warm and snuggle with tea and chocolate and watch television. 

But sometimes we need a push! 

Being realistic is key if you have set aside your lunch break to get something done, you will be so grumpy by 5:30. The office walls will close in on you. 
I try to say to myself "Go have a nice lunch, take that break"  You could maybe go for a walk, instead of spending an hour on something that will make you miserable, spend a productive 20 minutes each day and in no time you have accomplished something wonderful.

Also I make 100 to do lists for when I come home, this is silly. All I ever do is not what I have set myself to do, so what is the point?
I have learned to say "Pick 2 things each week that you want to do for up to 1 hour" This is usually a blog post like the posts for Rudai 23, or a webinar. This makes me feel good, accomplish something in your week something other than work or your washing or going to the gym. 

By practicing and making small steps, it will be easier to allocate time and accomplish set goals.



No comments:

Post a Comment