Thursday 19 November 2015

Rudai 23 Thing 19 The Legal Side of Things


Having read Thing 19, I am realising I need to know more about the legal side of things. 

The issues surrounding the content for this course lies with the images I have added, it is not a concern as they can be easily found. The most important issue here is to be consistent and attribute your work all the time. Blog posts can be a quick and easy way to get your ideas and opinions out there. My weakness would be that I only have a certain amount of time, if I linger over a blog post then it never gets done.

Many librarians have spoken about having their images already attributed and having them easily accessible for certain blog posts. This is one of the ways I may be able to address this issue.
I hope to build my blog as I move through my career, and it seems like best practice to begin now. 

The blog posts I have written for Rudai 23 and images I have used, can all fall under the CC license that I have no problem with, and I think the CC license is a really wonderful idea. 

Going forward I shall try to focus a little more on the legal side of things as they are extremely important, I don't need to become an expert however I need to make employers realise that it is part of my skillset.
In addition to this skillset, we as librarians could highlight how we have a knowledge of European legislation and an international awareness of how copyright can infringe on what we do here in Ireland. 
It is just another tool in the toolbox!

Below are the two images chosen for this task.

Image Source: Lisa Schmidt Schroeder

Image Source: Pixabay





No comments:

Post a Comment