Thursday 16 July 2015

Rudai23 - Thing 3: Professional Brand

I like the idea of us all having a professional brand and some library professionals I follow on Twitter have it locked down!
My picture that is on FB, Twitter and LinkedIn was taken at a friends birthday party, but it was done so well that I immediately thought this is a great photo for me, it is fun and not too serious, which is what I was looking for.
But just because I like it doesn't mean it is good, what do you all think?
In coming up with a twitter name I had always been called Shiv by friends and my second name is so long I needed it to (a) be me (b) not confuse people (c) be short so @shivguinn came about.
My online CV with LinkedIn has forever been a love hate relationship, it constantly asks you to fill in fields that I don't think are relevant and if you are going for a job and they look at your LinkedIn profile shouldn't it match the CV they all ready have in front of them.
But because in some way it is a important professional aspect I need to have it, it could be better but I need to have it give me something, I have gotten alot from Twitter, nothing from LinkedIn so why should I bother!
I would prefer to put all my energy into one thing and make it work rather than have a million things and get nothing in return.
The groups element is something I need to focus on, but again I am not too worried if I don't use it that often.
It can be stressful knowing I HAVE TO DO THIS! So I am going to joint down a few things I need to work on and see if anything changes over the time of this course if not, there is my answer!
I am really intrigued by the URL, this makes me excited.

I suppose I want my professional brand to mirror me as a person, someone excited and passionate about entering this new career path.
I would like to showcase me and my personality as well as my skills. In this way your online presence gives an employer that little more insight into the person they maybe thinking of calling for an interview.

Let's see how I do with this LinkedIn thing first!



No comments:

Post a Comment