Sunday 19 July 2015

Rudai 23 Thing 4: Google

Google, we all know what it does, it does everything!
But really? Because after reading thing 4, there is alot I did not know about Google and it's wonderful ways.
My Google + account has already been set up, I remember a couple of months ago sitting down and going through the various steps. Here I was hoping to keep it somewhat anonymous and keep it as a place where I could have fun,
I write various other blog posts about topics outside of librarianship and I was hoping if I posted them here I would get a different audience.
To say the least it has not been very successful, and it needs alot of work. I think if I recreate the space to be that fun, personal, anonymous place where I can go and be daring I will like it more.
But I need to decide what that looks like first.

Google Hangout, is a great collaboration tool, I use it to collaborate with people who do feature articles for uklibchat and it works great. However I do get frustrated with the chat element in the google docs only recently it froze so much on our team chat and it was super frustrating, so BEWARE!

Liboncon, how have I never heard of this! Thanks you so much!!!!

I am not a huge photo person, however I do have images regarding blog posts that I use and I am always searching for fun, new, or colorful images, so this is a good way to have them saved and easy to access, through Google photos.

I am alot more interested in what Google has to offer now, and I am confident that I will use it in many more ways moving forward in my career. 
This has been a great post, and I hope to use Google and it's wonderful ways alot more throughout this course.

Happy Sunday everyone! Here is my Google+ profile let's connect!

No comments:

Post a Comment